Wet and Aggressive Corella challenges Magpie

Wet and Aggressive Corella challenges Magpie

Sunday 29 September 2024

Sunday Selections #794


Sunday Selections was originally brought to us by Kim, of Frogpondsrock, as an ongoing meme where participants could post previously unused photos languishing in their files. Huge thanks to Cie who gave me this wonderful Sunday Selections image. 

The meme was then continued by River at Drifting through life.  Sadly she has now stepped aside (though she will join us some weeks), and I have accepted the mantle. 
 
The rules are so simple as to be almost non-existent.  Post some photos under the title Sunday Selections and link back to me. Clicking on any of the photos will make them embiggen.

I usually run with a theme.  This week, continuing my celebration of Spring we are going to Floriade.  Floriade is held in Commonwealth Park a short walk from the city centre.  It is a beautiful location at any time of year.  There will be photos of flowers of course, but I am concentrating on the art and quirky fun that is dotted around the site.

Before I start:  Kylie visited Floriade recently.  There is always a dwarf painting competition.  Kylie took an innovative approach and you can see the fun HERE.  Big smiles.

And yes, there will be a myriad of photos in this post too.  And probably next week when I revert to the floral theme.

Some of the art is permanent.  Some of it will disappear with Floriade.  I don't like or understand all of it, but I love that it is there.

 




 

This is Resting Place of the Dragonfly by Mary Kayser.



 






The kangaroo and her joey are permanent fixtures.  Children love them - and they are not the only ones.

Many of the garden beds have designs planted in them.  In years gone by there were ramps so you could see them.  The ramps have gone and have been replaced with a ferris wheel.  So of course we went up.  For which I deserve brownie points.  It was a very windy day.







 





Sian Watson:  Gathered Skylark



Sian Watson:  Static Skylark.












Floriade is a lot more commercial than Tulip Top Gardens.  You can buy anything from food and drink to clothing, expensive sculptures, jewellery, soap, chutneys and more.  There is very little for sale that relates to gardens.

Just the same, we go every year and will continue to do so.  And next week I will show you more of the gardens from this years display.

I hope next week to also have a blog linkage worked out so that those of you who join Sunday Selections can link up and have your posts seen.  If anyone has any hints I would be grateful.

Here's to a bright, beautiful and safe week ahead.

6 comments:

  1. so much art near you, I am envious, thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting displays. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thecontemplativecat here.Wow. So utterly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your spring is bright and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy seeing the art, too, even if I don't understand all of it, so thanks for the photos. I don't know if I could bring myself to go on a ferris wheel. It's been a long time since I went on any kind of a ride. Rides for toddlers are probably more my speed.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been on a ferris wheel in a long time. Good for you going up on it. I loved your pictures.

    ReplyDelete