Wet and Aggressive Corella challenges Magpie

Wet and Aggressive Corella challenges Magpie

Sunday 17 November 2019

Sunday Selections #455





Sunday Selections was originally brought to us by Kim, of Frogpondsrock, as an ongoing meme where participants could post previously unused photos languishing in their files.

Huge thanks to Cie who gave me this wonderful Sunday Selections image.
  
The meme was then continued by River at Drifting through life.  Sadly she has now stepped aside (though she will join us some weeks), and I have accepted the mantle.
 
The rules are so simple as to be almost non-existent.  Post some photos under the title Sunday Selections and link back to me. Clicking on any of the photos will make them embiggen. 
 
I usually run with a theme.  This week I am going down the 'snippets' route.


Unaddressed advertising material (aka junk mail) usually goes straight to recycling and doesn't enter the house.  Last year (about this time) we received a piece from a local real estate agent acting as an agent for Share the Dignity.  This year's Christmas Drive is called '#ITSINTHEBag'.  I participated last year, and kept a watch for it this year - and had fun filling a bag for a homeless/disadvantaged woman.





I hope she enjoys it.  I had fun selecting essentials and some small luxuries.

Then to the birds.

This sulphur crested cockatoo (aka vandal) delighted us one afternoon preening just outside the windows.


 



 And some colour in the garden.









Even just after first light I enjoy the garden.


At the moment I can only send emails through Webmail (my ISP is working on the issue) - and have difficulties even there in sending messages to River, to Cindi, Margaret Adamson, Mark Koopmans and Robyn Engels.  There may be others too.

Thank you so much for your comments and emails of support.  They are very much appreciated, and led me to feel that a brief explanation is in order.  

I am ok(ish).  The fires, while horrendous, are not in my area at the moment.

I always feel inadequate.  I am convinced that anything I do could/should be done better.

While it is not precisely comfortable, most of the time I use that inadequacy to spur myself on to greater effort.  For some time now rather than feel inadequate I have been feeling like a complete and utter waste of space and I wonder whether the world would be better off without me. Feeling like this has led to my blog break while I try and refind some equilibrium.  I should add that I am not actively considering suicide.   I have been in this place before and hope that I will emerge again.  Thank you again for your messages and your patience.

And yes, I have turned the comments off again.

No comments: