Wet and Aggressive Corella challenges Magpie

Wet and Aggressive Corella challenges Magpie

Friday 8 March 2013

Reaching Out - A Repost

When I read this post yesterday at Laura Eno's blog I was touched.  I don't know Chad, but my heart goes out to him, so I am reposting on his behalf.  I have stolen the post in its entirety, and here it is.

Totally taken from Elizabeth Seckman‘s blog,
who totally took it from Peggy Eddleman‘s blog:
A call for help from one writer to all the others!!
We have a comrade in need:
Chad Morris.
While Chad’s book is launching, he’s not busy marketing…he’s fighting along side his nine-year-old daughter as she battles a brain tumor.
(I can’t even imagine. The very thought takes my breath away.)
*The sentence above are Elizabeth’s words but I can’t improve on them*
Chad can’t be all over the net right now, but WE can!!!

Imagine a school in the year 2074 where students don’t read history, but watch it happen around them; where running in gym class isn’t around a track, but up a virtual mountain; and where learning about animals means becoming one through an avatar.
Welcome to Cragbridge Hall, the most advanced and prestigious school in the world. Twin siblings Abby and Derick Cragbridge are excited as new students to use their famed grandfather’s inventions that make Cragbridge Hall so incredible. But when their grandfather and parents go missing, the twins begin following a trail of clues left by their grandfather. They must find out where their family is, learn who they can trust, and discover what secrets are hidden within Cragbridge Hall.
Abby and Derick soon realize they are caught in a race with a fierce adversary to discover their grandfather’s greatest secret–a dangerous discovery that could alter both history and reality.
About Chad:
Chad Morris grew up wanting to become a professional basketball player or a rock star. (Inspired by Animal from the Muppets, he’s been banging on drums since he was eight years old.) After high school, he wrote and performed sketch comedy while going to college, and eventually he became a teacher and a curriculum writer. He lives in Utah with his wife and five kids. Chad would love to teach at Cragbridge Hall.
Unlike Oscar Cragbridge, however, he hasn’t really invented anything, though his son once sketched out blueprints for a machine that would turn celery into cookies.
Where to find him:
Blog Facebook Twitter Website

52 comments:

  1. I recently heard about Chads plight for his daughter. Unimaginable. The family are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy aka Quillfeather: Even though I don't know Chad he and his family are in my heart as well.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful thing for you to do, EC! I hope this gets reposted all over the net, along with healing thoughts and best wishes for Chad and his daughter.
    The book looks like a super read. I'd buy that machine which turns celery into cookies too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura Eno: The blogosphere is a warm and wonderful place. I too hope this post goes everywhere.
      Celery cookies would, of course, have no calories. A win.

      Delete
  3. I have a wonderful little local bookstore in my town. I don't know if they have this book, but if they don't, I will see to it they get one for themselves when they order mine. Your heart is as big as that of an elephant EC and that is saying something. My thoughts to Chad, his daughter and his family. What a wonderful idea to spread the word.

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea: I am so glad you are ordering the book. Thank you.

      Delete
  4. Bless you for sharing



    ALOHA from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    ~ > < } } ( ° > <3
    > < } } ( ° >

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cloudia: Part of me feels a bit presumptious since I don't know Chad, and part of me (the bigger part obviously) felt I had to do it.

      Delete
  5. I just ordered the book! I have a niece and nephew who are big readers, and it sounds right up their alley. Wishing I had a massive audience to share this with...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. CrankyPants: Yay. It does sound good doesn't it?

      Delete
  6. So lovely of you to post this. Chad sounds like a very inspiring man. Best wishes and best of luck for him and his daughter. Many thanks.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice way of helping another writer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathleen Cassen Mickelson: I so hope it is a big success.

      Delete
  8. You have a heart the size of Australia, Sue. I will check out this book, of course. And will pray for Chad and his daughter. (My brother died from a brain tumor.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan Kane: Such a small world. I am sorry, and hope I did not stir up your pain too much.

      Delete
  9. Thanks so much for reposting, Sue! You are so sweet!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Along with Laura, Elizabeth and Peggy's blogs, yours reaches a huge number of people. So, you are doing a wonderful thing in posting this about Chad and his dear daughter.
    I can't imagine the fear and heartache he must feel.
    I wish my son good health every day he leaves and that he return safely - have done so every day of his life. I can't begin to imagine such heart-pain that Chad is having to endure.

    It looks like a fantastic book and am going to check it out. It would also make a great donation to a library once it's been read, so that more people get to know Chad Morris.

    Thanks for posting, and being such a warm, caring member of this vast community :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki: I am always amazed, and frequently touched, by what a caring place the blogosphere is. I am just paying ti forward.

      Delete
  11. You are a good person, Sue. Sometimes it only takes one person to get the ball rolling. You have given it speed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe: I hope it reaches warp speed, and that all the good wishes crowding the ether come true.

      Delete
  12. Celery cookies and inventions and school in 2074, how imaginative. I'm sending healing thoughts to Chad's daughter and best wishes to him for his book launch.

    Thanks for paying it forward, the blog world is indeed a great virtual message board and communication tool.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like a fantastic read. I do hope things turn out well for Chad and his daughter. It is a heartbreak when your child is ill and you can't fix it despite all your love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jenny_o: If only love was enough to provide cures - for so many things. It does sound like an amazing read doesn't it?

      Delete
  14. My thoughts go to Chad and his family.

    Sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Book looks terrific. I wish his daughter a safe recovery. a link to buy from amazon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann O'Dyne: Thank you for the link - I should have thought of that. And yes, a safe and complete recovery.

      Delete
  16. I am sending prayer to Chad and his family and his daughter. This looks like an awesome book to read. Beautiful sharing Soosie :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. farawayinthesunshine: Hopefully all these positive wishes will help. And it does look like a book which is full of fun.

      Delete
  17. Noted and will go and 'visit' Chad right now.....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing EC. Positive thoughts winging their way as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimsie: Positive thoughts from all the blogosphere. Sounds good.

      Delete
  19. Superb post. It deserves all the success I am sure it will get. The good that such a write can do is incalculable, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice for you to tell us about Chad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim @ Stuff could...: I hope that his book takes off, without him having to do anything about it. He has much more important things on his plate at the moment.

      Delete
  21. Thank you for sharing this - sending them good thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Riot Kitty: Thank you. I do love the warmth in the blogosphere. Magic.

      Delete
  22. Such a moving post. I have visited Chad and read some of his posts, he is an amazing writer. I truly hope Maddie will find the strength to fight her illness.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Chad's book sounds intriguing and imaginative! (And any child who comes up with blueprints for a machine that transforms celery into cookies should have a bright future in creative writing, engineering, or the culinary arts!) :-) Chad's personal struggle sounds a little bit like a case of life imitating art, with Chad and Maddie "caught in a race with a fierce adversary." May they prevail! I add my healing thoughts to everyone else's for his daughter's complete recovery - and for his book to find great success! Thanks for sharing, Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just tweeted this post. I hope Chad's daughter will heal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aww, best of luck to Chad.
    Stories like this are so heartbreaking. :(

    Also, the book seems great.
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PeaceLoveandSharpies: Welcome. Such a hard time for Chad and his family.

      Delete
  26. Today, my comment is brief and I write on behalf of my human who is touched by this as much as I am.

    I shall forward this to all the various social networks.

    In peace, hope and pawsitivity,

    Penny

    ReplyDelete