Wet and Aggressive Corella challenges Magpie

Wet and Aggressive Corella challenges Magpie

Sunday 6 October 2024

Sunday Selections #795

 


Sunday Selections was originally brought to us by Kim, of Frogpondsrock, as an ongoing meme where participants could post previously unused photos languishing in their files. Huge thanks to Cie who gave me this wonderful Sunday Selections image. 

The meme was then continued by River at Drifting through life.  Sadly she has now stepped aside (though she will join us some weeks), and I have accepted the mantle. 
 
The rules are so simple as to be almost non-existent.  Post some photos under the title Sunday Selections and link back to me. Clicking on any of the photos will make them embiggen. 

I usually run with a theme. This week we are going back to Floriade and focussing on the explosion of colour.  Settle back with the beverage of your choice.









 














You have heard me mentionwhinge that Floriade is commercial.  It is.  Just the same how much we spend is up to the individual.  We spent very little.  The cost of the Ferris Wheel was small.  We also (as usual) stopped at the Floriade shop where I picked up some fridge magnets.


I am happy to send a fridge magnet to anyone who would like on on a first come best dressed basis.  Let me know in the comments if you would like one and which one.  Due warning there will be one less available because himself hasn't yet indicated which one he wants to keep.

I also picked up some postcards.




Again let me know if you would like one - and if you would like it sent in an envelope so that you can send it on yourselves.  If I don't already have your address my email address is in my profile.

Thank you for sitting through yet another very photo heavy post.  Have a bright and wonderful week.


8 comments:

  1. Muy buenas composiciones florales, en los jardines.
    Todo es belleza y color.
    Feliz domingo de descanso.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful 🤩 Thank You friend 💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. River Fairchild - Such an explosion of color! Beautiful and I bet the view from the Ferris wheel is amazing. Thank you for sharing.
    I hope the coming week is uneventful for you. Sending you hugs from across the sea where my weather is somewhat dreary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the ferris wheel and still think it was brave of you to get on that. we have so many high profile ride failures in the U.S., but compared to the number of rides, including ferris wheels, I would guess overall they're very safe. Very beautiful flowers there. I can't imagine the work of planting all those bulbs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A rainbow of colors. Do they ever spell words or create images?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing these with us. The violet blue flowers to the right of the wheelbarrow are eye-catching! What are they called?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pics... especially those in 4th shot (pink curly tulips?). Would love to see more pics of Jazz and Jewel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sehr schöne Blumen und Blüten in den unterschiedlichsten Farben.
    Gruß
    Noke

    ReplyDelete