Wet and Aggressive Corella challenges Magpie

Wet and Aggressive Corella challenges Magpie

Sunday 20 October 2024

Sunday Selections #797


Sunday Selections was originally brought to us by Kim, of Frogpondsrock, as an ongoing meme where participants could post previously unused photos languishing in their files. Huge thanks to Cie who gave me this wonderful Sunday Selections image. 

The meme was then continued by River at Drifting through life.  Sadly she has now stepped aside (though she will join us some weeks), and I have accepted the mantle. 
 
The rules are so simple as to be almost non-existent.  Post some photos under the title Sunday Selections and link back to me. Sorry I still havn't succeeded in working out how to do a blog hop. Clicking on any of the photos will make them embiggen.
 

I usually run with a theme. Last week was mostly a grey week.  We had rain predicted for most days.  Sometimes lots of rain.  Sadly (because we need the rain) the weather boffins were strangers to the truth.  On Thursday we were predicted to get 10 mm of rain.  Not a drop fell.  On Friday the prediction was 20-40mm of rain.  We got six.  Sigh.

However on Wednesday we had a delightful sunrise.  I am going to show you a number of shots showing how different it looked to the east and the west.

Starting with a pebble grey day for Charlotte (MotherOwl) for whom pebble grey is the colour of the month.


Then to the sunrise.











I do love sunrise - it is one of my favourite times of day.  I hope (as I always do) that you find beauty in your week.

5 comments:

  1. I love seeing the sun rise or set too. Such beautiful lighting. Thanks for sharing your pictures. So pretty! Have a great weekend and week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a beautiful, colorful sunrise too. Those pictures are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only the early bird catches the w..., the sunrise. Here's to wish you a lovely Sunday, and for next week the much needed rain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for these beautiful Dawn photos. I can feel myself relaxing as I look over them. But of course you are always a harbinger of good feelings, my friend. I appreciate you in my life. Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely selection.
    I will try and put some together tomorrow and link back to you.

    ReplyDelete