Wet and Aggressive Corella challenges Magpie

Wet and Aggressive Corella challenges Magpie

Sunday 27 October 2024

Sunday Selections #798


Sunday Selections was originally brought to us by Kim, of Frogpondsrock, as an ongoing meme where participants could post previously unused photos languishing in their files. Huge thanks to Cie who gave me this wonderful Sunday Selections image. 

The meme was then continued by River at Drifting through life.  Sadly she has now stepped aside (though she will join us some weeks), and I have accepted the mantle. 
 
The rules are so simple as to be almost non-existent.  Post some photos under the title Sunday Selections and link back to me. Sorry I still haven't succeeded in working out how to do a blog hop. Clicking on any of the photos will make them embiggen.

I usually run with a theme.This week is a bit same old.  Sorry about that.

Starting with Charlotte (MotherOwl)'s colour of the month which is pebble grey.  As a young thing my father often told me I was a clumsy klutz.  He was right then and he is right now.  FOUR weeks ago (to the day) I tripped over my shoes (which I had taken off and not put away) and fell hard.  The bruise and the swelling are finally starting to go down and I think that some of the bruise qualifies as pebble grey.  


 And then to much prettier things.

The orchids I have shown you before continue to thrive.



However there are other orchids starting to flower as well.  I planted a few of them several years ago and much to my delight they are spreading.  And spreading.







There are multi-coloured iris coming out too.







I am going to finish off with some skyscapes - from the opposite end to the day to the ones I usually show.




I hope your week is fall free and packed with beauty.  Next week I hope to take you to and inside a new sculpture that has recently been installed in my city.


 

11 comments:

  1. There a Halloween theme for you. You limping on your bruised leg with hubby following you with a ball bat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike: He walks much faster than I do and wouldn't settle for walking behind me.

      Delete
  2. Nadie está libre de una caída, Después de muchos años sin caerme, hace unos cuantos meses, que también me vi en el suelo, pero a eso se debió a un empujón que recibí de forma fortuita, de una señora que tenía bastante fuerza.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VENTANA DE FOTO: Thank you. Sadly I fall over quite regularly at the moment - which is part of the reason I have a physio session each week to improve my balance.

      Delete
  3. The orchids are so pretty. Oh dang that bruise, I sure hope it is healing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Kirkland: I though you would like the purple orchids in particular. The bruise and the swelling are better than they were - but taking their time.

      Delete
  4. That looks painful! Glad you did not break anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. River Fairchild - oh no! I’m glad you’re healing up and nothing was broken. I’m laughing at the fact you’re studying the shading of your bruise to compare with color coding.
    Gorgeous bounty of flowers and the evening skies are a wonder to behold.
    Take good care of yourself, always put your shoes away, and give my homage to the furry overlords. Hugs to you always.

    ReplyDelete